Monday, September 20, 2010

The Twins Ask: "Was Fisher’s benching of Vince Young the right move?"

Take our poll below....

Yvette: I know many people have weighed in on the Vince Young benching. Yvonne and I have gone back and forth since Sunday's game trying to make sense of it.

Yvonne: Last Sunday against the Raiders, Vince Young performed beautifully. He received praises all around from Hemandinger and Jeff Fisher for his preparation. They praised his decision making. All was grand in Titan Land.
Fast forward to Sunday; Vince Young is riding the bench.

Yvette: I have great respect for Coach Fisher and given VY’s track record, my first thought was he either displayed a poor attitude during practice this week, didn’t give his all in preparing for the Steelers, or mouthed-off or quit on the sidelines at the game on Sunday.

Yvonne: Either way, Fisher benching Young was a bad decision.
It makes Fisher look as if he made a “No Confidence” vote against Vince Young. Given their history and all they had gone through, it seems he would be more cautious in handling VY. Now, the firestorm of questions will cause an unneeded distraction to Vince and maybe the team.

Yvette: Many Quarterbacks in the league had bad games, against less quality opponents than the Pittsburgh Steelers. While praising the promise and improvements with his fantastic Week 1 performance, then follow it up with a benching a week later is not only an overreaction, it is very unfair to Vince, after Week 2.

Yvonne: Very true. This could very well cause unneeded dissention in the team. With a team that is already projected to go no more than 8-8, its really not a good move to have anything that will cause Vince team mates to pick sides. If he performs badly (which even the best ones do from time to time), will they stand united with Vince, or will they grumble about needing a new QB? This would be an unfortunate backlash for a team that has the potential to over achieve.

Yvette: Having my boss looking over my shoulder in the office, doesn’t make me do my job well. It annoys me, makes me nervous and makes me feel like you don’t believe I know what I’m doing.
This could have the same affect on Vince and his psyche. It could hurt Vince’s confidence. He did well Week 1 against the Raiders. It would be a shame if he regressed because of this.

So what do you think?
Was Titans’ Coach, Jeff Fisher’s benching of Vince Young the right decision?
Was Titans Coach, Jeff Fishers benching of Vince Young the right decision?
YES
NO




  
pollcode.com free polls

No comments:

Post a Comment