Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Twins Week 1 Recap

Week 1 Picks Results
Yvonne: 10-6
Yvette: 5-11


Yvette: I can honestly say I was pleasantly suprised and unpleasantly BORED by the games this week! Hence, my picks . YIKES! :) But ,I am definitely excited to see what this season brings.


Yvonne: Yes! I beat you! Week 1 belongs to me!!!! But yes, there were a lot of surprises and disappointments Week 1. This season is definitely setting up to be a great one.
---------


 
Yvette: Micheal Vick has caused a QB controversy! But who didnt see this coming? First off, he WAS a Pro Bowl QB who took his team to the playoffs. It's not like he's some Tavaris Jackson, waiting for a chance to show his stuff. HE SHOWED HIS STUFF! Y'all musta forgot! LOL! This was bound to happen and if Andy Reid was smart, he would let Vick start until he showed he couldn't do it. Sorry, Kolb. This is going to be good!

Yvonne: Yep, and those Eagles fans are brutal, one more false move by Kolb, and they will be loudly calling for Vick. Too bad for Kolb that one poor showing can seal his fate. But kudos to Michael Vick for making the most of his opportunity, he looked flat-out outstanding.


---------



Yvette:  Has the Titans demise been greatly exaggerated? I surely hope so! The Defense was IMPRESSIVE. The new young additions stepped up and help mimized the loss of Keith Bullock and Kyle Vanden Bosh. Vince Young looked like a changed man. He came back from an early turn over and made good decisions with the ball. And what can you say about Chris Johnson that hasn’t been said? The Titans are ALRIGHT!!!
Poor Oakland Raiders. Poor Jason Campbell. I know I had such hopes that thing would be right for them. SUDDENLY, Al Davis ( more likely someone else) is making good decisions and made great off season aquisitions! But *sigh* The Raiders looked terribly out of sorts. They can't have such sexy Uniforms and look so bad. It's just not right.



Yvonne: Yes, Oakland was disappointing. Jason Campbell was not impressive, and the team looked out of sync on most drives. Darren McFadden was the only bright spot for them.
Every year I expect them to be better, but they just didn’t show up against the Titans. Maybe they were just that over-matched. We’ll see.
Tennessee, on the other hand, just looked confident. The defense looked sharp. Vince Young was dazzling, throwing very pretty passes, and scrambling when necessary. And they way Chris Johnson was running over the Raiders, he just may get that 2500 yards he’s predicting.

---------


Yvette:  The Colts didnt look good. Is this going to be a down year for the Indy? I hesitate to say 'Yes', because they still have Peyton Manning. I kept looking at the score board expecting him to break out his cap and save the day. But it never happen.
Are the Houston Texans really this good? They have been on the brink of every year of almost getting it right. I think their win against the AFC PowerHouse, is a sign, they might have all the pieces to reign in the AFC South. And who is this, Arian Foster?!?! 231 yards with 3 touchdowns!?!?! I shall investigate.....

Yvonne: Indianapolis Colts looked very one-dimensional. The run game was not there. Looks like they will be relying heavily on Peyton’s arm. Not a bad option, but in a division like the AFC South, that may not be enough this year. Texans looked good, and made the normally powerful Indy look rather defenseless.
The AFC South is going to be a dog fight between the Titans and the Texans. I’m taking the Titans!


---------


Yvette: Lions and Bears! Oh My! What a good game! Matt Forte (CGTLF) carved up the fields with the play action pass and yards after the catch. And he's such a cutie pie! And even in a loss, the Lions don't look so unfortunate. NFC North might be interesting...

Yvonne: Still it’s the Lions, so don’t get too excited, Miss Matt Forte Fan Club President…

Yvette: Hater.

---------


Yvette: I think the Cincinnati Bengals
improvement has been exaggerated. Just because they have two BIG MOUTH Attention whores at wide out and we are talking about them, doesn't mean anything changed with the actual team. But will see how it goes.

Yvonne: I totally agree with this assessment! From the beginning I thought this great Bengals team would not be much improved from last year. In fact, I think they will be slightly worse off. Chad Johnson (I refuse to call him anything else) got a few more catches and more yards, so you can best believe it will only be a matter of time before TO starts pouting.

---------

Yvette: The Patriots are still good as usual. Wes Welker is back and better than ever! And true to form, we can count on Randy Moss to act up every other year, cant we! LOL!!!


Yvonne: Off topic a bit, but why is Brady looking more like a super model now that he married one? It’s cute, and yet a little bit disturbing…


---------


Yvette:  Redskins and Cowboys didnt live up to the hype for me. BUT it was good to see my favorite Quarterback look good despite being treated unfairly by the Eagles. I don't think the Redskins will be the best out NFC East, however. Despite the loss I still think the Cowboys will be better. But they have a mess of an Offensive line! NOW we will see if Wade Philips can get things right. Magic 8 ball says "Outlook not so good".. Fact is, he never has been able to make them better. But we shall see.


Yvonne: Okay, I admit it, I did enjoy seeing the Cowboys once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. They’ll be good this year, but not great.

Yvette:  You are such a hater! LOL!
---------

Yvette: Well, I'm glad Ray Ray shut Sexy Rexy up! LOL! I love Rex Ryan and his fire. But he talks too much. And Ray Lewis (CGTLF) had to quiet him. The Ravens are still my superbowl pick for now. But they both looked pretty bad. VERY messy game. And I was bored.
Yvonne: I like the Jets, and their new attitude. I was hoping they would do better, but their hunky QB didn’t look so hot. But the Ravens Defensive is better than most, so he should be okay for the rest of the season. Ravens as always are a Defensive team, and it will take them far.
---------


Yvette: So those are our thoughts about Week 1! Tell us what you think!
Yvonne: Look out for our Week 2 Picks!  And I will once again dominate.
Yvette: Hater.

No comments:

Post a Comment